The Quest for Vintage Sound Breeds the Ultimate High-Gain Rock Tone
The BOSS Waza Amp Head is a rugged 150-watt amp born of the same innovative spirit used in pursuit of the ideal rock sound from the beginning of the rock era. The Waza Amp Head and companion cabinets are rooted in the long history of rock amp development and offer the original sound of the very first rock stack amp. In addition, consistent with the evolution of the ideal rock sound, the BOSS engineers have also discovered their own interpretation, which is called the "Waza Brown Sound." While the Waza Amp Head was born in the spirit of historic innovation, it offers expressiveness ranging from vintage to Waza Brown with modern expandability and reliability. BOSS breaks new ground in the amp market to realize the ideal rock sound.
- Inherited spirit from historical masters to BOSS Waza craftsmanship evolved into a 150-watt amp head with the ideal rock sound for gigging
- Amplifier selector knob for amp character variation: the legendary rock tone in the Internal position, the "Waza Brown Sound" in the Amplifier A position as a pre-installed Tone Capsule, and one more empty socket for the future expansion.
- Four switchable channels (Clean, Crunch, Lead 1, and Lead 2) for each amplifier character
- Composed of a 3U rack-mountable unit and a dedicated wooden head-cabinet
- Reliable, maintenance-free 150-watt solid-state power amp designed with discrete circuitry
- Four-way Power Control (1 W, 50 W, 100 W, Max) allows for sweet power tube distortion at any volume
- Modern expandability for various situations with EFX loops, line out with Air Feel control function, foot controller, and more
- 4 x 12" and 2 x 12" matching cabinets available, perfectly designed for maximum compatibility
Inherited Historical Spirit Breeds the Ideal Rock Sound
The Waza is BOSS expertise and passion. It is combined with the inherited spirit from historical master builders. Together, the two join to create the ideal rock sound. The very first stack amp is still the benchmark for rock amps even now. Throughout history, master builders have worked to fine-tune the amp to discover the ideal rock sound. The '70s and '80s hard rock sound, called the "brown sound," was born in this pursuit. With dynamics responding to a musician's picking nuance, and such factors as growling low end, powerful midrange, bite, presence in the high end, airiness, and touch sensitivity are all present in good balance in the brown sound. The Waza Amp has two types of amp characteristics: one delivers the classic sound of the very first stack amp, and the other has the ideal brown sound painstakingly tuned up with BOSS' own interpretation. Each amp type has four channels-Clean, Crunch, Lead 1, and Lead 2-for adaptation of the tradition and innovation into the diversity of the modern rock scene.
Dependable Durability for Creative Freedom
While the Waza Amp has ample power for any stage performance, it is free from the maintenance issues found in tube amps which are powerful enough for live gigs. The Waza architecture eliminates major drawbacks such as vibration damage, tube replacement, and other costly maintenance concerns. As such, the Waza Amp is basically maintenance-free and designed with Waza craftsmanship, which has the essence of BOSS' reliability and endurance proven in the history of professional use for decades. You can count on the trusted sturdiness and dependability of the Waza Amp. It eliminates stress for the professional gigging artist who needs to concentrate on their creative inspiration for live performances.
Vintage Inheritance Fused with Expandable Modernity
No tube amp player can really resist cranking up the volume to get a true feeling of how an amp performs at its peak. With the BOSS Waza Amp's Power Control capability, you can get a richer overtone texture with a more dynamically responsive feel at any volume. The Waza amp features other functions that complement its historical innovative spirit with a modernistic expandability. Two EFX Loops with selectable parallel or series routing allow for advanced sound creativity in combination with stompboxes. A Line Out feature is also available which allows direct connectivity to external mixers or recording devices. In this way, you can get a powerful guitar amp sound just as if you were playing through the speakers. The Line Out Air Feel switch enables you to change the sound character of a mic setting. A special Cabinet Resonance switch on the Waza Amp magically changes the audibility of the sound coloration of the cabinet. Additionally, there is a foot controller that lets you change channels and switch effects on/off, as well as a USB Rec Out jack for recording directly to a computer.