The Grand Piano That Fuses Tech with Tradition
The GP609 is a grand piano without compromise. You can experience the performance of a traditional acoustic grand, whose sound has been at the heart of music for over 300 years. And you also get to explore the endless creative possibilities offered by the latest digital technology. Since creating the world's first touch-sensitive electronic piano in 1974, Roland has become a leader in digital piano innovation - and the new GP609 embodies our belief that advanced technology and know-how can take your music further.
- Classic 4.9'/150 cm depth grand digital piano, and light weight 325 lbs./148 kg
- Built-in 6.1-channel multi-speaker system (six speakers/one woofer) powerful enough for sound projection in a small hall
- SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling technology for a rich, living sound
- Authentic grand piano touch from the new PHA-50 Progressive Hammer Action Keyboard with Escapement, which combines the look and feel of wood with the durability of modern materials
- Music playback from a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- MIDI over Bluetooth for connecting to a world of exciting apps such as Roland's Piano Partner 2, which encourages daily piano learning and makes practice fun
- Headphones 3D Ambience technology for natural, realistic sound when practicing privately
- Variable lid height with two prop sticks
- Movable with casters and maintenance-free
- Two elegant finishes to complement your living room: polished ebony or polished white
The Best of Acoustic Tradition. The Height of Modern Tech.
If you need convincing that technology and tradition can coexist, take a seat at the Roland GP609 Digital Grand. This luxurious instrument offers every type of player a sublime grand piano experience, fusing advanced technology and authentic playing feel with classic grand piano cabinet design. Be inspired by an instrument that combines the latest sound engine with a brand-new keyboard mechanism, enhanced multi-channel speaker system and a variety of digital advantages - along with stunning sounds that will spark great performances for years to come.
SuperNATURAL Modeling for Performance That Feels Real
If you've played acoustic pianos for years, you might conclude that nothing can recreate that evocative tone and feel. Press a key on the GP609 and reconsider. This latest digital instrument features Roland's acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling, replicating the entire sound creation process of an acoustic piano, for a rich, complex tone. You'll be inspired by a unique keyboard that blends wood and molded materials for great feel and durability, while even the most demanding players using advanced techniques will be satisfied by the expressive Progressive Damper Action pedal.
Luxurious Appearance and Authentic Grand Piano Feel
Although packed with advanced technology, the GP609 is reassuringly traditional when it comes to style. Combining classic lines with a space-saving compact grand piano cabinet, there are two premium finishes available; polished ebony, and polished white.
Room-Filling Tone from
One of the joys of a traditional acoustic grand is the commanding natural tone and projection. The revelation is that the Roland GP609 achieves the same head-turning effect, thanks to a built-in sound system whose specially designed multi-channel audio technology delivers an immersive spatial sound that appears to come from the very heart of the instrument. Whether you're playing at home - or in larger venues from restaurants to hotel lounges - you can rely on a powerful, expressive and controllable sound that fills any space.
Expand Your Creative Range
People often play piano along with their favorite songs stored on their smartphone. With built-in Bluetooth R wireless support, the GP609 goes even further by streaming your music through the piano's powerful internal speakers for an inspiring and immersive experience. Installing Roland's free Piano Partner 2 app on your tablet lets you learn and enjoy playing piano, without any wires - thanks to Bluetooth technology.
The grand piano is a refined and majestic instrument with a powerful and expressive tonal character. Its graceful appearance brings an air of classic elegance to any interior - whether at home or at a venue. And yet, although undeniably beautiful, owning an acoustic grand piano is not without challenges. Consider regular tuning and keyboard maintenance costs, as well as the considerable weight which makes it difficult to move around. The GP609 avoids these issues thanks to a variety of digital advantages that make it easy to enjoy a grand piano at a venue - or at home - without the cost or hassle.